Preparing for the future.
We do this in close partnership with our parents and school community that is inclusive of the Southern Yorke Peninsula cluster of schools
- wireless internet access
- interactive whiteboards
- class sets of laptops and ipads
- access up to date technology equipment such as drones and 3D printing.
The school is well resourced, with additional learning spaces that include:
- activity room
- art room
- fully equipped kitchen spaces
- student vegetable garden and fruit tree areas
- music program
- STEM program with Bee bots, circuits, 3-D printer
- covered outdoor learning spaces
- multiple play spaces including oval
- two playgrounds
- basketball court areas.
SPS students have strong links with their community and are involved in:
- Combined sports day with Curramulks PS
- Interschool sports day with all Southern Yorke Peninsula schools.
- Senior students participate in NRM environmental projects alongside students from other Southern Yorke schools.
- Attend visiting perfomances at Minlaton District School.
- Southern Yorke Peninsula District SAPSASA teams that compete in Adelaide.
- Regular visits and activities with Aged Care residents.
- Local Interchurch provides a Tuck day each term for students.
- Anzac Day and Remembrance Day ceremonies in the community, including visiting the cemetery, identifying and honouring the graves of service men and women.
- A staffed Play Centre operates on site every Monday morning for parents and children 0-5 years old.